Western New York Future Cities Competition 2014
Future City Competition Results
The Western New York Future City Competition was held on Saturday, January 25 and congratulations are in order for some of our schools. Sixteen teams from twelve schools participated.
- First place: Alternative School for Math and Science, Corning, NY
- Second place: St. Francis of Assisi School, Tonawanda
- Third place: Mill Middle School (One of four teams)
- Finalists: University of Buffalo/Futures Academy and St. Mary School, Swormville
- Best Bridge Design: SS. Peter and Paul School, Hamburg
- Pollution Prevention Award: Alternative School for Math and Science
- Most Unique Model: Nativity of Our Lord School, Orchard Park (One of two teams)
- Spirit Award: Transit Middle School
- Most Innovative Transportation System Award: UB/ Futures Academy
- Most Inspiring Essay/City Narrative: St. Francis of Assisi School, Tonawanda
- Student Choice Award: Mill Middle School (One of Four Teams)
- Connect a Million Minds Award: One student from UB/Futures Academy
- Most Unique Engineering Design Award: St. Peter School, Lewiston
- Energy Efficiency Award: Lewiston-Porter Middle School
- Project Management Award: St. Mary School, Swormville
- Favorite Model of the Mount students: St. Francis of Assisi School, Tonawanda
- The Mount St. Mary Academy Scholarship: Awarded to a Seventh Grade Student from St. Mary School, Swormville
- Distinguished Teacher Service Award: Presented to the teacher/ mentor from Mill Middle School.
- Distinguished Engineer Service Award: Presented to Ed Szpala, an engineer who has been involved in Future Cities competition for many years.
- Best Land Surveying
Practices Award (Judged on three levels):
- Third Place: St. Francis of Assisi School, Tonawanda
- Second Place: Nativity of Our Lord School, Orchard Park (One of two Teams).
- First Place: St. Christopher School, Tonawanda Most Holistic Approach Award: Mill Middle School (One of four teams)