Bold Leadership in Service to Christ
The Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Buffalo are Christ-centered learning communities which nurture academic excellence, Christian character and service to others. Our mission is to educate individuals to reach their full potential in an atmosphere rooted in Catholic tradition and Gospel values.
To partner with Catholic elementary and secondary schools in providing faith-based education, academic excellence and service to the community.
- To promote strong Catholic identity by integrating faith and gospel values into all programming.
- To increase teacher/administrative effectiveness by offering high quality professional development.
- To identify opportunities for schools to reach their communities by sharing resources - time, talents, facilities.
To empower stakeholders To Teach as Jesus Did through open communication, professional development, and school-to-school partnerships.
- To provide opportunities for collaboration among schools by hosting Executive Council and continuing regional colloquium meetings.
- To ensure access and equity by coordinating public and private funding and programming.
- To ensure a fourth integrated approach according to scripture, by offering training opportunities.
Vision of the Department of Catholic Schools
Building on a strong Catholic tradition, the schools in the Diocese of Buffalo will be the premier educational choice for all families. Inspired by our faith and in partnership with the parents and the Catholic community, our schools will be dedicated to student excellence.